Re: Posting to APD

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Roger Miller wrote:

> We used to have an effective filter that kept people from reposting entire
> digests.  It looks like that stopped working at about the same time that
> things were changed so that people could ost html-formatted letters.
>
> Please take extra care not to repost big chunks of old digests.

...or if you do decide to quote the digest to get your posting thrown out,
make sure to quote the entire BOTTOM of the digest. :) I think the filter
Cynthia put in checks to see if you've quoted the last line that normally
inserted (it was my suggestion, so blame me that it's not 100% foolproof).
This doesn't guard against someone quoting only the TOP 99% (which I think
is what Scott did).  Ah well.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson