Live black worms in planted tanks

Hello,

Question about live black worms in planted aquariums, i have a few khuli
(spelling) loaches in my tank and dig through the gravel and appear once
every few months (same with my amano shrimps)

I started to keep discus about 6 ~ 10 months ago, raising the temp etc..
(still keeping the high lighting though)

I recently started to feed my fish live black worms (via a cone) (ok
slightly off topic but my fish grew much faster with the live food...)

Reading some discus sites it recommends using a bare tank or cone so the
black worms don't go into the gravel, what happens if they get into your
gravel? (if they survive do they breed? i found some information from this
website http://www.dph.nl/sub-article/catagory-01.shtml#cultivate which
talks about breeding and keeping live black worms...)

on the other hand i've read the worms might die in the gravel and cause some
problems there...

A friend suggested and got me wondering, wouldn't it be a good idea just to
keep live black worms in the aquariums with the discus and they can eat/find
them whenever they like just like in the wild?

I know this sounds silly but could this work? (I also remember a friend
telling me that her dad used to feed live worms to their fish and under like
a big rock there were tons of worms left over in there)
(or is this just totally grose?)

Raymond Wong
http://www.sfu.ca/~rww/Aquariumstart.htm
updated my page but haven't uploaded it to my server yet??! few more days..

sorry i know it's kinda not related to plants.. but it's in my planted tank
= )