flourite

Hello. about 6 months ago i set up a 50 gal aquarium using 3" of flourite
gravel and 2x96 watt PC flourecent lighting ( 5500K and 6500K ) There are 4
angels and   3 bristle nose plecos. Plants includ val cryps amazon sword and
sagitaria. When i first set the tank up there was cloudyness from the gravel.
I did not rince the gravel and regreated it for the first month because of
the cloudiness. The tank was clear for about 2 weeks and then a  series of
green water and white cloudy from bacteria has made the tank unplesent. The
only thing i suspect is the gravel. This is the first time i have used this
type of gravel and cannot see any other cause. Has anyone experienced this
from the gravel or could there be anothe cause. I have tried a micron
cartridge but it gets clogged. Other ideas that i havnt tried are
phosphate/nitrate sponge or a UV serilizer. I would like to know if the UV
serilizer would work and would i need to keep it on the tank after the
algea/bacteria is gone. thanks in advance

Patrick Claytor

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---