Nymphae zenkeri and algae problem.

Hello evreryone,

My nymphae zenkeri is producing floating leaves and they are shading other
plants. Does cutting the floating leaves encourage submergent leaves to
form? Will the plant flower if I let it continue growing floating leaves?

I also have an algae problem. A green cotton wool like algae is growing in
my tank. If left alone, they cover leaves of other plants and kill them
eventually. I remove them manually weekly but they return soon afterwards.
I have never encountered this algae before. How can I eliminate it?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Wayne Wah Yi Chen from Singapore.