Java fern blight

I'm currently experiencing something I've never seen of or heard of before
in one of my planted tanks.  Sections of java fern are turning brown and
melting, seemingly only the leaves that get touched die right away.  It
wiped out one section of my java ferns on my driftwood two weeks ago.  Now,
I am seeing it again. It is beginning to wipe out another, larger section of
java fern.

Please, if anyone has any idea what this is, what I can do to stop its
spread before it destroys my fern forest, what I can do to cure it, please
let me know.

My best guess is that it's some sort of fungus rather than some nutrient
deficiency because the other, non-infected ferns are doing well and so are
the rest of the plants.

-Frank