[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Removing mineral deposits from glass covers...
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Removing mineral deposits from glass covers...
- From: "John W. Lemons III" <john at johnlemons_com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:11:41 -0700
- Importance: Normal
- In-Reply-To: <200110221948.f9MJm3224216 at actwin_com>
This is probably old hat for most of you, but its new
for me, so I figured I'd report for anyone else out
there that just needed a clue. :)
Any way... I was having problems with mineral
deposits on my glass covers. So bad, that it was
blocking light far more than I realized (until now).
Any way, as per some suggestions on this list in the
past, I tride to clean it off with vinegar several
times in the past, but I wasn't getting anywhere. It
just wouldn't budge. Then it hit me. I layed a paper
towel soaked in vinegar (as in dripping wet) on the
glass and left it to soak. Half an hour later I came
back and wiped it down. Sure enough, that worked
like a charm. It needs another soaking, but its 90%
Short of tearing down the tank though, I can't figure
out how to apply this knowledge to the tank itself. :/