re: TMG

> I do a 50% water change weekly.  I have not been
> adding any K, on the theory that my frequent water
> changes do that.  Is that likely to be correct?

Maybe, do you know what is in your water supply? It can vary
quite a bit - you should be able to get a breakdown from your
local water district.  Some are even online.

For example, my water is very low in most dissolved salts of any
kind, 40 ppm max.  I have to supplement just about everything:
K+, Ca++, Mg++, NO3-, B, Fe, etc etc etc.

There are ways to know if your plants are suffering from
a deficiency based on how the leaves are affected. Chuck
Gadd has an article covering this at

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm

- Brian