Re: KH questions

>> My question is how to lower my Kh and what would cause it to rise?
>
>Any form of carbonate dissolving into the water would cause KH to rise.
>Other buffers -- those that you might add yourself, like "pH Down" -- will
>also cause KH to rise, but it's unlikely that any other buffer will
>appear in your tank in any significant amounts without you adding it
>yourself.

I do not understand this. (bi)carbonates will rise KH, yes.
But "pH down" as far as I know is acid and will, being that, usually lower the KH too.
Unless the "pH down" actually is a primary phosphate ( of potassium, that buffers at ~4,5) and the starting point is lower than that. Am I misunderstanding something here, please ?

>Roger Miller

Ole larsen