Re: pothos ivy filter

Philodendrons work very well for this purpose.  I
think they actually grow better this way.  I'm a bit
iffy about them being poisonous.  I never had any
problems, but I wouldn't cut anything in the tank just
to be sure.  Probably ok to do it though...

I tried spider plants, but they don't live.

Have you thought about Limnobium laevigatum?
(frogbit)
It spreads amazingly fast and draws a lot of nutrients
out of the water.  Needs bright light and iron.  I
forget what you wanted this plant filter for.  A
non-planted tank?

Cavan