Re: Cleaning Pad

>Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:32:20 -0600
>From: "R. Welch" <rwelch at ionet_net>
>
>I bought a Scotch Brite Scrub Sponge today to use on my tank and noticed on
>the back it said "not for aquarium use!"  There is nothing to indicate that
>it is anything but a sponge (no soap, ingredients, etc) w/a synthetic
>scratch pad.  Anyone know why it shouldn't be used?

A lot of folks mentioned chemicals in the pad. Also watch out for abrasives.
You are wise to try it on a piece of scrap glass.

Our 120g tank has a whole bunch of scratches and cloudy areas (lots of fine
scatches) from trying to save a few cents by getting large scrubbing pads at
the grocery instead of the high priced pads from aquarium suppliers.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (booth at frii dot com)
The web site for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/