gro-lux 8500

Hello, all.

Anyone played around with the Sylvania Gro-Lux 8500 bulb?  I've found it in one or two catalogs, but don't have any information aside from that it "radiates in the blue and red" ad that it has a color temp of 8500K.  Truth be told, from what I've seen in the catalogs, I'm not even absolutely convinced it is a T-8 as advertised.  Just wondering if anyone has used one.  I'm interested in parameters like lumens, CRI, bulb life, etc..., as well as opinions about its color.

Regards
Dave Gauthier
gauthier at vims_edu