Re: tank pictures

This post is in reference to K9AUB at aol_com's post last week:

http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/month.200102/msg00621.html

The discussion was about the sensitivity of film vs. print paper. I
have an inquiry:

Does this scenario also apply to film that has been transferred to
CD? I've always taken my film in and got the prints only, never
thinking of opting for the CD. Instead of taking a picture, having a
crappy print made, then trying to scan it to make it look as good
as I can, can't I just get them burned on a CD without any lose of
quality? Or does it look the same as a print would? Quality without
a digital camera is what I searching for. I have an old Canon AE-1
that I've taken all my pictures with. I'm trying to decide if that route
will give me better pictures for the net. Heck, we have an Epson
740 that would print the actual pictures from CD if I ever wanted to.

Have anyone tried the CD route with success?

Jamie    <"\\\><
Greenwood, SC