Re: My last word on needle valves

At 03:48 PM 1/18/01 -0500, Paul Sears wrote:
>That (200 kPa) seems a pretty high pressure to leave on a hose.

I agree.

>  I use
>stainless steel tubing and Swagelok fittings between the regulator and
>the needle valve, and that is for a pressure of less than 50 kPa.

How nice.

>It's overkill, I know, but it means I _can_ use much higher pressure
>if I want to.

It does.  And if that is the tradeoff you wish to make, it is a fine choice.

> > So all in all, I have to say the risks of a needle valve outweigh the
> > benefits FOR ME.
>
>         I think that is a risk of a _hose_ not a needle valve.

It is the risk of a hose/needle valve combination.
M customers have 250+ systems in place with hose.
So I would recommend they skip the needle valve, and just watch their systems.
As I have from the beginning.

--
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam