Re: Easily available reflector options?

    Rod Hanks wrote:

>One option seems to be a mirror.  I don't know anything about the cost,
>but they are available in various sizes from glass places.

    FWIW,

    I read somewhere- maybe the archives- someone thought mirrors weren't
such a good idea because the light has to pass through the glass twice, which
would distort the spectrum too much.  I don't know if it would change the
spectrum enough to matter, but it seems very possible that it would, to me.

    _If_ I remember them correctly, and interpreted them correctly, Ivo
Busko's reflector test postings (last year) showed that a certain reflector
configuration approx. tripled the amount of light entering the aquarium in
his test, as compared to- I believe- an unlined black hood.  If I've got that
right, that's a pretty big-time difference.  If you're interested you could
look for them in the archives.  Sorry I didn't have time to look up the title
or confirm the details.

    Zach K