Re: Pronunciation

If we're looking at pronunciation, surely the best basis for Scientific
names would be to look at how the Latin languages deal with it. If you
asked either a Spanish person or an Italian, there would be no
hesitation but to pronounce it "reech-ia", unfortunately, I'm sure
somebody will come along and give a perfectly plausible and believable
alternative. It seems that in an effort to standardise the names of
things, the original taxonomists failed to agree on how to pronounce
Latin!
C:-)lin