Re: Do we need RO?

Dwight wrote:
> > Very few hobbyists NEED a R/O unit. Those that do would have to
>
> I agree with this.  I've used the Ametek Tap water filter w/ a  CBR2-10R
> cartridge for years to remove Chloramine from my aquarium water

Dwight, what about the fact that that filter won't actually remove all of the
chloramine?  It will remove some of the chlorine from the chloramine, and it
won't remove any of the ammonia in the chloramine.

For anyone else who hasn't seen this discussion over on the usenet
groups, I've got an article on my website that is based on discussions
with an engineer over at Plymouth Products, makers of the Ametek filters.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_chlorine.htm

--
Chuck Gadd