Re: CO2 regulators

> From: IDMiamiBob at aol_com
> Subject: Re: CO2 regulators
>
> Mike Lowry writes:
>
> > Knocking 900 psig down to
> >  a consistent 10-25 psig is a pretty good trick...can anybody tell me how
> >  much the gas expands when this occurs (just curious)?
>
> 900 divided by 10 wold be 90 times.  900 divided by 25 would be 36 times.  So
> it expands to 36-90 times its compressed volume.  Easy, huh?

	A bit _too_ easy.  The "g" in psig is "gauge" (or some other spelling
in certain parts of the world :)  ).  That means that the pressure is that
much above atmospheric.  The absolute pressure is about 100 kPa higher (15 psi
or so).  The other wrinkle is that CO2 in equilibrium with the liquid is
at a high enough pressure to act as anything but an ideal gas, so the answer
to the calculation will be very approximate.

--
Paul Sears        Ottawa, Canada