Re: Ballast Factors

colingorton at wanadoo_es wrote:

> Dear Ivo,
>
> I hope that you can help me with some information. I was recently in my
> local hardware store and was having a look at the ballasts in the light
> fixings that they carried in stock. However, I wanted to know which ones
> had the highest ballast factor and couldn't find any mention of this
> information. Their were various numbers, initials and symbols but
> nothing which obviously said "ballast factor." What am I missing, is
> there a symbol or set of letters that I should be looking for?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> C:)lin

AFAIK, manufacturers never print that piece of data on their packages and
products. You have to look for the info at their catalogs and data sheets.
Select your product and then go to the store with the item number at hand.
Also, salespeople often confuse ballast factor with power factor. They in
principle have nothing to do with each other. For a complete explanation,
see:

http://www.advancetransformer.com/techcenter/flb/specifications.asp

- Ivo Busko
  Baltimore, MD