Ballast Factors

Dear Ivo,

I hope that you can help me with some information. I was recently in my
local hardware store and was having a look at the ballasts in the light
fixings that they carried in stock. However, I wanted to know which ones
had the highest ballast factor and couldn't find any mention of this
information. Their were various numbers, initials and symbols but
nothing which obviously said "ballast factor." What am I missing, is
there a symbol or set of letters that I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance

C:)lin