Re: FFF (was Hair algae)

Dwight, I don't mind a nasty-looking fish when it's ugly, but when these flag
fish look nasty it's because they're pretty unhealthy. I took pity on some
that had been ordered in for me, and felt obliged to take them all, in spite
of the fact that they looked pretty bad. One never recovered, and my mistake
was trying to keep him alive for so long, because it lengthened the time of
contact to the other fish. Though the other ones recovered color and fins,
they all eventually developed the same symptoms, and eventually succumbed
(all but one male). I lost all but one female also. And I noticed, if they're
not in the peak of health, they tend to laze around and not do much algae
pickin' at all. Left for a week on vacation without food, I came home to a
tank that had more hairy algae than when I left it.

I assumed it was TB because of the types of symptoms that showed up. Who
knows, maybe there's some kind of disease specific to FFF, aka AFF.

They seem to breed for others, and I noticed someone posted they had flagfish
fry sometime ago for trade. Maybe this is the best way to try to acquire them.

Sylvia

> But the ones that do come in are really nasty looking.  Deformed or missing
>  >fins and no color.  When I lived in FL, I could also score very colorful
>  >ones, but I have only seen them for sale twice in six years here in
Idaho,