pumps

Hello, all.

I'm in the process of building (well, actually, playing around with) a sump-type filter for one or more of my tanks.  I'm shopping around for a water pump for this setup, and am looking for something that will pump around 200-300 gph at a 5 foot head.  With my budget, the Rio pumps and the Mag Drive pumps look like about the best bets, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations/horror stories about either one.  I'm a bit leery of the Rio because of its common description as a water pump/power head, but anyone has used it to successfully pump water to a 5-6 foot head, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks

Dave Gauthier
gauthier at vims_edu