[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Parasites...or not

> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:10:52 -0400
> From: jazerjo at hotmail_com
> Subject: re: Parasites
> I have a 10g tank which I'm breeding some bettas in
> and I've noticed stuck to the glass there's some very tiny
> dots that are moving on the glass (the fry were eating them).
> I'm not too sure how big 1/64th of an inch is, but my "dots"
> are about .5 - 1mm in length. They look more like bits of
> dust. Sort of like when you take your glasses off (if you
> wear glasses) and you have to clean them because of the
> specs of dust on it. Except the only difference is these
> specs are definately moving. I don't know if this is the same
> thing you have in your tank.
> The only way I can see these parasites is if I take my
> glasses off (gotta get those bi-focals soon eeek). I have not
> got this on my other 2 tanks tho', only my fry tank (who are
> now about 10 days old), so the tank was only set up about
> 2 1/2 weeks ago, if that means anything.
> Jo

Not all that moves in the tank is a parasite ;-) .  In fact the
vast majority of critters you will see freely swimming around
in your tank will not be parasites.  Of course there are exceptions,
but chances are in those cases that your fish will start dying
or showing symptoms long before you ever see a parasite yourself.

Be happy you had some free fry food in there ;-)