Re: Any Comments on These 2 Books?

At 03:48 AM 3/22/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:32:12 -0800 (PST)
>From: Kean Huat Yeap <keanhuat at yahoo_com>
>Subject: Any Comments on These 2 Books?
>
>Does anyone have the following books? If you have
>them, can you please comment on them? I'm thinking of
>getting them.
>
>Aquarium Fish : 300 Fresh-Water Fishes and Plants in
>Community, Species, and Biotope Aquariums. Expert
>Advice on Setting Up and Planting a Tank and O
>by Ulrich Schliewen

No comment on this one.

>Fishkeeper's Guide to Aquarium Plants: A Superbly
>Illustrated Guide to Growing Healthy ...
>by Barry James

This one is very good for the price.  It doesn't cover
very many plants (only around 60), but it does a nice,
detailed job on them, in the Baensch Atlas style.  The
2nd half of the book is devoted to the individual plants,
while the 1st half discusses planted tanks, water,
fertilization, filtration, heating, lighting, substrate,
aquascaping, algae, and propagation.

A good beginner book on plants.

Hoa

Hoa G. Nguyen, Webmaster