Re: CO2, gasping, etc

George Booth wrote:

> There have been a plethora of postings recently that demonstrate a pretty
> clear misunderstanding of CO2, respiratory systems, O2<->CO2 relationships
> and KH/pH/CO2 relationships. I had a private e-mail recently about such
> things and I thought I would post my answer, just to add to the fray.

George, thanks for posting your response to that e-mail.  Although I've seen
the topic come and go around on this list, I've never really understood the
relationships between O2, CO2 and pH (and really, I still don't), so I've
basically just taken what I've seen as a reason for caution.  I've
experimented with soda bottle CO2, but kept the input to a minimum and kept
a close eye on the tank, since I didn't really understand what was going on.

This message did a lot to clarify my understanding.

Alysoun McLaughlin
Wheaton, MD