--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Brett Pedersen" <brettped at hotmail_com>
To: Robertrice at juno_com
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 23:26:50 EDT

Dear Mr. Rice,

I recently read your article concerning "Organic Cuisine" in Tropical
Fish
Hobbyist. I am very interested in using fathead minnows as a dietary
supplement for some of my predatory fish, as well as use them for bait
when
I go fishing. I am very unhappy with the fish that bait stores sell as
they
seem sick and I really don't want to feed my fish them (not that goldfish

look any better!). So I have come to the plan of acquiring some breeding
stock when they are first brought in at the bait store and attempting to
breed them (I hear it's relatively easy). If there would be any way that
you
could tell me how I might go about a small-scale breeding program of
fathead
minnows. I have read many of your articles in the past about dollar
sunfish
and know that you are quite an expert in native fish propogation. That is

why I have contacted you, I figure you'd be the best person to ask.

Thank you for your time,

Brett Pedersen