Re: NFC: American Flagfish, Jordenella floridae

Hemsath, Gay wrote:

> Ray
>
> You talk about their spawning in dense weeds
> How about Java moss
>
> In most of my tanks I have about 4" to 8" of Java moss covering the
> entire bottom of the tank
>
> Gay

  I spawn my Jordenella Floridae in a ten gallon tank with a gravel
bottom and a large
clump of Nijas they like the combination the nijas gives them a sense of
security and with
the gravel the male retains his color. They're voracious eaters they
consume everything
from flake food to earthworms.
In the summers I put 3 pair in a 160 gallon pond and pull 90 -100 fry
out in the fall.
Right now I have the 7th generation sitting  in my basement waiting to
go out this spring.
I live in the Chicago area and generally don't pull the fry out until
late November so they're very temperature  tolerant.
Ken mysliwiec