Re: NFC: feeder fish as a vector for disease

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Binkley <mbinkley at earthling_net>
To: nfc at actwin_com <nfc at actwin_com>
Date: Monday, February 01, 1999 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: NFC: feeder fish as a vector for disease

>...>Has anyone else had similar problems with feeders?...
>
>At one time, I thought it would be nice to maintain a colony of feeder
>guppies.  I started buying stock from various sources.  I was never able to
>get a viable colony going, because with every new introduction, a new
>plague started.  Feeder guppies are probably one of the most disease-ridden
>animals you could find.  IMHO

One way around this problem might be to have a separate tank for newly
purchased feeders.  That way, you could observe them for a couple of weeks
and then transfer them to the regular feeder tank if they haven't shown
signs of disease.

For now, I plan to leave the feeder tank untouched and see if I can get a
growing population.

[\   Andrew Dalton
[\[\
[\  [\