Re: NFC: feeder fish as a vector for disease

I have kept healthy colonies of feeder guppies but it does seem to take more
effort than it is worth. I keep them in brackish water treated with copper
sulfate to keep disease in check (they seem to do much better under these
conditions). The only problem is fresh genetic donors have to be acclimated
into the colony and those being fed have to be acclimated out unless your
fish are agressive enough feeders to get them before they go into shock.  I
have always wanted to try this with a quarentine tank for new additions and
keep the main colony tank as normal freshwater. Still the logistics of
supply are always problems you always run into shortages. Well take care