NFC: OFFICIAL Semi-Final Results: First 1999 NFC Online Auction

Last post (01/29/99)was in error.  I was hurrying to get out of the
office and hit the send button accidentally while updating the bids,
then couldn't get back on.  Net server came back on line at 9:00 a.m. on
Monday.

THIS POST IS THE OFFICIAL ONE.  Results are semi-final as all bids are
final EXCEPT for bids on the worms, due to there being a lack of four
high bids separate from the rest.  Currently we have 3 at $30, 3 at $25
and 1 at $20.  The three $30 bidders have one lot of worms and the
remaining lot is up for bid by the remaining bidders.

>LOT #1: FOUR ITEMS:  (4)  2 lb pkgs live redworms delivered.
>Retail value $40 plus shipping for each package per online price of
>redworms from Mike Reed Enterprises (http://www.mreed.com/). These
>redworms can be used to compost vegetable scraps to make high quality
>compost in addition to being used as fish food.
>
>   Bids So Far (top four bidders - not the early bird - get the worms):
HIGHEST BIDDERS FOR THREE LOTS:

             D. Moody, $30
             Barry Barlow, $30
             George Choc, $30

******  NOTE TO OTHER BIDDERS ************

First person of the $25/$20 bidders listed below to bid higher than $25
gets the last lot of worms.  Send bids directly to:
dwightmoody at hotmail_com .   Bids received from the semi-final bidders
listed below will be evaluated on the basis of when the message was
sent, not when it was received.

   Semi-final bidders:

          Ray Suydam: $25
          Klaus Schoening, $25
          Ronald W. Brooks, $25
          Robert Rice, $20

Winner will be selected on time stamp of return message indicating when
it was sent, not when it is received by the auctioneer.

LOT #2: ONE ITEM: 1/2 day of Robert's time collecting - about 50 fish.
Retail value: approximately $150

      HIGHEST BIDDER:   D. Moody, $65

LOT #3: ONE ITEM: 1 Pro 2 powerhead for 25 gallon tanks
Retail value: $12

    HIGHEST BIDDER:  Josh Wiegert, $15

LOT#4:  ONE ITEM: one 7 oz OSI Aquarium Staple Flake Food.
Retail value: $10

  HIGH BIDDER: D. Moody, $10

LOT#5: ONE ITEM: eight  packages (6 Oz each)  Algae Galore Pellets By
Nippon.  Great food for bottom feeders, plecos, etc.  Retail value $5
each; $40 for the group

   HIGH BIDDER:  George Choc: $15

LOT #6:  THREE ITEMS:  Plastic Wrapped 6pk Wardlys 1.80z freeze dried
Krill. Retail value: $18 for _each_ 6 pk

   HIGH BIDDERS (all three, one package each):

            D. Moody, $10;
            D. Martin Moore, $5
            Howard Hasz: $11

LOT #7: ONE ITEM: 1 case of adjustable check valves (24 count) by
Rennanace. Retail value: $18

     HIGH BIDDER:         John M. Burns, $18

LOT #8:  ONE ITEM: "CardScan Executive" , donated by Martin Moore.
Strictly for scanning business cards.  It will sync with all PDA's using
Windows CE as well. The scanner's software uses OCR to sort the various
fields into a database, so the user can quickly look up any contact, add
them to a mailing list, etc.  Retail value: $200

     HIGH BIDDER:  Josh Wiegert, $30

**************************************
NOTE TO ALL HIGH BIDDERS:
**************************************
Send your checks or money orders, payable to the NFC, for the item(s)
for which you were the highest bidder to:

Native Fish Conservancy, Inc.
January Online Auction
PO Box 226
East Montpelier VT  05651

***********************************
PLEASE NOTE:

1. Auction purchases are not considered tax-deductible if the
recipient gets a product equal or greater in value than street price of
the product. In cases where the purchase price exceeds the street value,
the amount OVER the retail price can be considered a donation for tax
purposes.

2. Donations are still needed for the Credit Card Project, which will
allow the NFC to do Net e-commerce by credit cards.  So far, $125 has
been pledged and we need $600 - every little bit helps.  Donations
will be placed in a special NFC Special Projects savings account until
we have enough money to purchase the needed services and equipment.
Please write "Credit Card Project" on the check in the memo area or on
an accompanying note.  If the donation is for another special project or
purpose, please indicate this. Additional donations can be made for
specific special projects, such as land purchase, environmental
education projects in schools, etc.   ALL donations to the NFC Special
Projects Fund are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law.   Please send
all donations for special projects to:

Native Fish Conservancy, Inc.
Special Projects Fund
PO Box 226
East Montpelier VT  05651-0226

The NFC is a nonprofit corporation under the laws of the State of
Vermont and is also a Federally recognized tax-exempt organization
under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.