Re: NFC: OFF TOPIC: Iam a dog killer now....

My condolences, Robert.  However, this incident illustrates the danger
of allowing pets to roam, where they may be killed or maimed by traffic
or cause an accident.  In either case, the death of the animals and
injury to drivers, may be lingering and painful - and is totally
avoidable if the owners keep their pets on a leash.

While we don't think much about it, freeranging pets, especially cats,
can be serious predators on native wildlife.  Research has documented
that the AVERAGE free-roaming cat kills over 300 songbirds and small
mammals yearly.  Feral and domestic cats are major predators of ground
nesting birds such as grouse, quail, etc. in Virginia and points south.
Dogs are well known to harass and kill deer and may drive them out onto
highways, where they can cause traffic accidents and fatal collisions.

Do your pets a favor.  Keep them inside or on a leash.

http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html