NFC: Re: Keeping Sculpins in warm weather

-----Original Message-----
From: CEFCHURCH at aol_com <CEFCHURCH at aol_com>
To: nfc at actwin_com <nfc at actwin_com>
Date: Thursday, November 05, 1998 5:32 PM
Subject: NFC: Keeping Sculpins in warm weather

>On 11-5-98 Andrew S. Dalton wrote:
>
>>In the summer, I also use a small exhaust fan to evaporate water
>>and remove more heat.  If your house has central air conditioning, you
might
>>not need either of these countermeasures.
>

>Andrew:
>
>How is this fan set up?  Do you have it vented to the outside?

No, I just got a 4" ventilator fan from Radio Shack and set it on top of the
opening at the back of the hood.  You may want to make a small bracket and
chimney to hold the fan in place.  (You don't want it to fall onto the floor
or into the water.)

The effectiveness of this cooling device will diminish as the humidity
increases, so it is best to keep the tank in a place that is as cool and dry
as possible.  The fan should then be able to lower the temperature by
another 5 deg F.

[\   Andrew Dalton
[\[\
[\  [\