NFC: Breeders of Native Fish Needed......

Since the breeders program has taken a bit of a detour . I'll be takeing
things by the horns until it gets back up to speed. the purpose of the
breeders program primarily is to get life histories of our non game
fishes. Its secondary goal is to be financially self supporting. Through
things like fish sales etc it should be easy to do. Its members could
then buy equipment as needed for some of the special projects out there.
Anyhow I rwecieved a large box of Bluehead shiners (hubbsii) YOY today
from Herb. That scientific collecting permit has paid off again. Anyhow I
have  enough to set up 4-5 colonies MAX. I wont be one of them :) ANyhow
If you are interested in Breeding/documenting this unique shiner please
drop me a note. Include species you have successfully reared. Tank space
avaliable etc. These fish are not for display in your community tank.
They are a 1 species tank. This is a legitiment breeding project.

In the very near future we will be attempting to isolate two melanistic
strains of Killie. F. Chrysotus and F. Escambia.  With the intention of
introducing them to Aquarist. They are beutifull color varieties of a
common species. That should provide a great source of income for the
breeders program to further work with non commercial but equally valuable
species...

As with all NFC programs rereleasing any species back to the wild is a
BIG NO NO !! Contact me via the list or privatly to further discuss this.

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
email us at NFC at actwin_com or  Sunfishtalk at listbot_com
website  http://nativefish.interspeed.net/