Re: NFC: Flag fish deaths

			I have been collecting flagfish from the wild for some time now and have
learned a few things. They are omnivores, though they primarily feed on algea,
I have noticed they pick at the fresh crushed crayfish and frozen foods I feed
the community tank. I also supplement thier diet in the holding tank with
green algea that grows in my daphnia tanks. They seem to especially enjoy this
as they will devour a clump in minutes. I think that a supplement of store
bought veggie food as mentioned, is also a good idea. I agree that some of the
prob may be PH related. The water here and in the wild is upwards of 7.6 to 8.
I get the elasomma from the same location. The flagfish are hardy, I even
threw a couple in a 2 day old planted setup to see if they would survive the
ammonia spikes, and they did fine. I wish I could say the same for the
Vallisnaria, which melted within days after overdosing with a plant nutrient.
Still the the flagfish did fine. And I'm babbling as usual   : P         next
Daryl