Re: NFC: Flag fish deaths

At 11:40 AM 11/4/1998 -0600, you wrote:
>I had several store bought Flag Fish, jordalle floridae,
>they have recently died one by one.

And once the algae were controlled, what did they eat?  I have two tanks
with flagfish, one indoors, one outside.  Both get broken up Hakari sinking
carnivore pellets to supplement their algae eating chores.  At this point,
your male will probably run the female to death.  I have one male to 3
females in one tank and one male to 5 females in the other.  I'd separate
these fish, if you can, and try nursing the female back to health.  Unless
you have a real algae problem, some kind of dry food or live food should be
given.  Actually, I'd suggest some supplement in any case with frequency
depending on the amount of algae available.

Good luck.
--John