From: raywolff at juno_com (R W Wolff)
To: robertrice at juno_com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 23:54:11 +0000
Subject: Re: breeder program

Robert,
  I of course am into sunfish, killis, mudminnows (hint hint future in
olympic muds) as breeder fish.The gars and bowfin, well you can't really
breed them in captivity < not yet, I'm working on plans for both beleive
it or [I'm nuts].
Any way with the fish I like they also all come from lowland habitats ( I
do have longears kansas strain however) but that is what I'm working
with. heres a list and If it has a B after it it has spawned , if it has
a BS (ha ha very funny) means it bred and was successful meaning  I got
baby fish not just eggs and fry.
Lepomis:
humilus B
gulosus B
cyanellus BS
symmetricus BS
marginatus lousiana BS
marginatus n. carolins BS
marginatus florida
megalotis kansas
megalotis peltastes BS
Enneacanthus:
chaetodon
gloriosus
obesus
anacantharcus:
pomotis
Elassoma Zonatum:
alabama BS
louisiana B
georgia
Elassoma evergladie
elberta BS
c.f baldwin BS
big cypress BS
ft. myers B
Elassoam okeefenokee:
sanderson BS
Fundulus:
luciae BS
zebrinus BS
chrysotus melanistic
cingulatus B  (yes they are but haven't found eggs , must be in gravel
will find )
confluentus BS
sciadacus
Lucani:
goodie BS
ommata BS
Jordanella :
floridae BS
Rivulus:
 marmoratus BS
Umbra:
limi B
pygmacea
heterandria:
formosa BS
These are all fish I currently maintain, I may not have fry or young now,
but am confident that if I've done it once, I'll do it again, am working
on the others, have bred other fish, but don't have the strain anymore so
did not include it.  I also have bred salamanders and dwarf crawfish in
captivity not to mention fungus, fish parasites and bacteri   =)
I also have many non native killis and have bred 95% of them to, all
spawn like fundulus species, so i am not off track ( no dirt spawners!).
I hope to not get too many more fish than I have now for this, except
more elassoma species ,  and the magical mystical novumbra hubbsi.  I
don't want to spread myself any thinner by branching off into other
groups.
Ray

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]