Re: Empty ecoclogical niches

Just to clarify a point:  I was basically thinking in terms of niches
being emptied as a direct result of man's careless intervention...not a
natural extinction (only one definition of 'natural' I know there are
others).  The only possible exception to this point may be (for example) a
stip mining pit being turned into a lake or something...but for this
thread I basically  mean extinction (extirpation) due to man made
influences.

Luke