new fish

I caught a new fish tonight, never seen one before. I was running my dipnet
under some cypress roots and when I brought the net up I thought I had a swamp
darter. closer examination at home showed it not to be a darter, looks more
like a skinny gobie with a big head and bulging eyes, it was brown with a hint
of a vertical strip. It was ina lake near here and there is a water fall
between it and the sea. So what have I got? Any idea's?

Michael