RE: hellbenders

-----Original Message-----
From:	Josh Wiegert [SMTP:jwiegert at nexus_v-wave.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, July 29, 1998 6:21 PM
To:	nfc at actwin_com
Subject:	Re: hellbenders

Hellbenders are a member of the Salamander group of amphibians.  They are
native to the SouthEastern US.  They are completely aaquatic, and ugly as
sin.  They are characterized by skin that looks about three to four sizes
too big for them, an affinity for cold water, brown colouring, and large
gills, if I remmeber correctly.  They are widely believed to be venomous
or poisonous.  THey're frequently taken by fishermen, as they'll eat
anything.  Most will cut the line rather than touch these terrible
monsters.

They don't have conspicuous gills.  Fishermen where I caught mine usually lopped their heads off and tossed 'em on the creek bank.

Martin

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef