Re: Freshwater Sponges (Was ZEBRA MUSSELS A BAD THING :( )

>I read in "Ripleys Believe it or Not" that there are some sharks in a
>freshwater lake somewhere around Nicaragua.  Anyone know if thats true?
>
>LM

Bull sharks inhabit Lake Nicaragua. They've been described as landlocked,
but recently sharks tagged in the lake are reported to have been found at
sea. I don't know if that's been confirmed, or if they've found sharks
tagged at sea showing up in the lake.

Bull sharks are also common in all Florida rivers. While in Orlando a few
years back, I saw on the news a helicopter video of a large school of lemon
and bull sharks in the river--50 miles from the ocean. They spent several
days there before heading back to sea.

David.

--
David E. Boruchowitz