Re: spotted bullheads

I'm not sure the deeply-forked tail description for the spotted
bullhead is accurate.  Bullheads generally have unforked or
shallowly-forked tails.  That's a key way to tell them from some
other cats, like blue cats and channel cats.  There's a photo of the
spotted bullhead at http://www.nanfa.org/magazine/breedin1.htm

And another fish store name I've seen for red shiners is emerald
dace, and at a bargain price of only 8.99 each!

Jay DeLong