From: "KELD THINGGAARD HANSEN" <keld.t.h.fisk at get2net_dk>
To: "robert rice" <robertrice at juno_com>
Cc: "robert rice" <robertrice at juno_com>
Subject: problems
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:50:50 +0200

Halo Robert,
I have started real profesional breeding, but still no luck. The shiners
were nice ripe,
so I prepared very soft water. one tank dh 1, 4 and 9. Temperature 26
celcius. One tank with stream, one with aration and one witout anything.
little plants in all 3 tanks.
No reaction within the first 2 days, so I took the waterlevel down to 7-8
centimeters and filled it up with fresh water a few hours later. The
fresh
water was 8 celcius to see if the cooler water would give any reaction.
To-day is the 6th day and no reaction in any of the tanks.
The crasy thing is that they spawned 3 week ago in the tanks where I
stock
them, so the time of the year has to be fine and they are nice ripe
again.
They have been fed with a mixture of dafnier, red and white mosquito
larves, to be in perfect condition.
Next question. Are there any sex differance exept that the fem are more
round when they are ripe, in the bluespotted sunfish. Because they look
all
the same to me. Perhaps one is becomming a little more round.
We are taking a week holiday in Stockholm from the 27th, so we hope the
weather will improve. This summer has been very cold and wet.
I hope you have some good avice for me. Greetings to the hole Rice
family.Keld.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]