Re: Keeping silversides (I'm addicted now!)

Jeff: Glad to hear that you have been successful in getting silversides
into your tanks and keeping them alive.  Would you be open to shipping
some of these addictive silversides (and any other interesting local
fish) to VT for brood stock for the NFC Breeder's Program? I am planning
to get some Hypno (a mild sedative medication used for calming nervous
fish) if my request to Mail Order Pet Shop for a donation to the NFC of
about $100 of shipping supplies (including Ship Right, which also
contains a mild sedative) doesn't work out.  Suspect that silversides
spawn similarly to rainbow smelt and have some ideas on how to do that,
but I need some silversides to experiment with.

Assuming you would want to collect some of the local finny residents,
(any darters available locally? VT is quite darter sparse) I can provide
a container, bags and shipping supplies and UPS shipping label that will
bill shipping charges directly to my UPS account.

BTW, are these brook silversides or inland silversides?  Assuming I
remember correctly (I don't have my field guide handy), the two can be
differentiated by whether the dorsal fin and anal fin are directly
opposite or offset.  The Petersen's Field guide for NA freshwater
fishes,  by Page and Burr, has nice illustrations that show the
differences. Interested in either.