From: Konrad at ix_netcom.com
To: robertrice at juno_com
Subject: <no subject>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:54:44 -0600

Dear Robert:

I just heard from Ray Katula.  He was talking to James Sternburg who
is a very longtime NANFA member. He was recently stopped by a an Il
DNR warden and was told he could not keep the darters he had in his
bucket. Only minnows are now allowed. This is getting insane!  I think
NANFA should organize and "educate" these state and provincial
agencies one by one. If they don't listen to reason, have chapter
members go to their legislators and local newspapers. If that fails
and even though these are priviledges and not rights, I say go to the
ACLU.

Of course you know, I take this very personally and very much want to
pursue it. It's just a question of time.  I am so thin as it is that I
may have to let the Darter go entirely.  We'll see.

Kon