[Prev][Next][Index]

"Norman D. Edelen, Jr. and Lisa A. Hayashi" <normane at hevanet_com>: NANFA mail--Amy Tarlow: THIS IS IT NORM!! Fwd: PEEL-Action Alert!!

----------
From: Fishbrew at aol_com
To: normane at hevanet_com
Subject: THIS IS IT NORM!! Fwd: PEEL-Action Alert!!
Date: Saturday, February 01, 1997 4:05 PM

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:	putpeel at putpeel_com (Tim&Barb P.E.E.L.)
To:	you at nigel_axess.net
Date: 97-01-30 01:13:40 EST

Here is something you can do to make a difference!! And it only takes a
few
minutes of your time.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! THIS IS WHY WE ARE HERE!! PLEASE, PLEASE, READ
THIS
LETTER!

Because of this Action Alert, our normal letter will be a little late.

Thanks to Cindy Hewitt, I have been sent a fax from the National Wildlife
Federation at 1400 Sixteenth Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036-2266.
 Their hotline phone number is 1(202)797-6655.

We need to take action on this right away! According to N.F.W., this
month
the EPA is expected to issue new air emission and water discharge
standards
for the pulp and paper industry ANYTIME NOW!

At this time it is LEGAL for pulp an paper mills to dump chlorines used
whiten paper into our streams.  According to the N.W.F. chlorine creates
dioxin and other related chemicals that are hazardous to people, plants
and
animals.  The EPA has linked d
ioxin to increased rates of breast, testicular, and prostate
cancers.

THE PULP AND PAPER INDUSTRY IS THE SECOND LARGEST KNOWN SOURCE OF DIOXIN,
according to the N.W.F.

There are ways to make paper without chlorine, and according to the
N.W.F.,
"To eliminate this threat to our families and environment, paper mills
must
install totally chlorine free (TCF) technology.  TCF paper is being made
in
Europe, Canada, and the U.
S., and meets all consumer demands for strength and brightness.  NWF wants
the EPA to require TCF technology for all U.S. paper mills."

WE MUST CONTACT PRESIDENT CLINTON TODAY! Please let him know that we want
paper produced in a way that protects humans, wildlife, and the Earth.

PLEASE TELL PRESIDENT CLINTON that the Clinton administration should
require
the paper industry to adopt TCF production processes.

YOU REPRESENT 1000 VOTES!
You are only one person, but Washington believes that for every letter
they
receive, there are 1000 more voters who feel the same way.  Washington
looks
at your letter as 1000 votes!

P.E.E.L. has 37,000 weekly readers!  If we all take part in this we can
make
a very large difference!! If Washington receives 37,000 letters, they
will
believe it represents 37 million votes!!!! That should be enough to
persuade
President Clinton to tell
 the EPA to enforce TCF.

The Email address for the president is president at whitehouse_gov.  IF YOU
ARE
IN A MAILING LIST, or any type of ONLINE group, please inform your
members
and participants about this, and ask them to also Email President Clinton.
 If ALL 37,000 of us can ge
t 5 people to write in also, that will be almost 200,000 letters!! That
will
surely get the job done!!

To add some clout to your letter, you may paste and copy this letter
below
and either snail mail, or Email it to the president:

The Honorable William J. Clinton
President of the United States
The White House
Washington, D.C. 20500
(202)456-1111
president at whitehouse_gov

My name is (enter your name), and I am a registered voter.  I am writing
you today to encourage you to have the EPA adopt Totally Chlorine Free
(TCF)
technology for the pulp and paper industry.

I would like you to have the EPA require oxygen delignification (OD) plus
chlorine dioxide substitution.  This will move the industry one step
closer
to TCF.  This should be the minimal standard for the industry.  I would
prefer however that the industry
 adopt TCF production processes.

I am part of an organization called People for Extending Earth’s Life Inc.,
(P.E.E.L.)  which is based at 101 Granville Street, Gahanna, Ohio 43230.
Their Email address is putpeel at putpeel_com.

P.E.E.L. has a membership of 37,000 families.  This represents nearly
100,000
voters!  All of us are working together to preserve our Earth and the
humans,
animals, vegetation, and all life that live on it.  We believe as a group
that you should tell the
 EPA to enforce the pulp and paper industry, to adopt TCF
production processes.

Sincerely,
(Your First and Last name,  and address).

If you have any friends that will Email or Snail mail the president, they
are
welcome to copy this letter, excluding the last two paragraphs that says
they
are a part  of P.E.E.L. (Unless they would like to join our email list).

THIS IS A CHANCE FOR YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Thank you for being a part
of
P.E.E.L.

I will send your regularly scheduled letter in a few days.
your friend,
Tim

Timothy L. Drobnick Sr.
President
P.E.E.L.
People for Extending Earth’s Life Inc.
101 Granville Street
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
Putpeel at putpeel_com
http://www.putpeel.com
800 PUTPEEL.
888 PUTPEEL
800 788-7335
888 788-7335

To FIND A LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR, go to
http://www.putpeel.com/distws/local.htm, or if you are reading this on
AOL
3.0,
<A HREF="http://www.putpeel.com/distws/local.htm">just click here.</A>

If you do not find one, please check back later as we are adding several
daily. Remember to click on the refresh button.