From: owner-nfc at actwin_com [mailto:owner-nfc at actwin_com]On Behalf Of robert
a rice
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 4:45 PM
To: Nativefishconservancy at yahoogroups_com; nfc at actwin_com
Subject: NFC: Fw: i.d. fish please

heres a tough one

Robert Rice
NFC president
www.nativefish.org

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IZZCOLD at aol_com
To: president at nativefish_org
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:48:42 EST
Subject: i.d. fish please

if at all possible would you be able to id  a particular fish or school
that
i hve seen i live in the state of florida. gulf coast panhandle
carrabelle,eastpoint area . its about the size of a mullet, saltwater
fish
looks identical to a herring of alaskan waters  could you i.d. this
saltwater
school . and please send any information on this species such as
movements
depths do they go to and from the deep  ocean ? do they stay around reefs
or
stay in shallow waters. if you dont know could you tell me a possible or
maybe type of fish or put me in touch with someone that knows thankyou

                                                                  clayton