Re: NFC: Congress is at it again...whoopie! :-(

Fully Prepared wrote:

> Wright, you still have not fully explained what you
> are for and what you are against. Have you no strong
> opinions?

Surely you jest! :-) I'm a devout libertarian (small el).

I'm against prohibition and forcing people to be good, even (especially)
when they aren't causing any harm at all to others.

> > Except as PR tokens, like the gray whale and
> > peregine falcon, the process
> > will never remove endangered species from the lists.
> > An entire
> > enforcement/academic grant industry is too dependent
> > on the expansion of the
> > lists to ever permit that, just as our entrenched
> > social-welfare industry
> > needs the homeless to survive.
> >
> > Debates over increasing/decreasing funding for
> > listing-studies/enforcement
> > are like debating whether it is better to have
> > apples or oranges, only so
> > long as both are heavily laced with cyanide. The
> > process is inherently
> > poisoned. The more cynical in congress know that and
> > are exploiting it to
> > their own political advantage.

> It may be better to not learn more about possibly
> endangered species and, ultimately, ecosystems? That
> is how the unwashed such as myself understand your
> comments, which I do not think is your point.

My point is that NFC can do the educating job better than a cop with a gun.
His agenda doesn't always include enlightening me, under the present system.

> I must
> admit that I will feel better about the whole process
> when I see Senators Kennedy and Lott travelling to Ash
> Meadows with you, however(!).

Not a prayer, as I wouldn't dream of being seen anywhere with either of
them. They are just *not* my kind of folks. <VBG>

Wright

--
Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679  huntley1 at home_com

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and
thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series
of hobglobins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken

               http://environmental.networkroom.com/