From: owner-nfc at actwin_com [mailto:owner-nfc at actwin_com]On Behalf Of Larry
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2001 10:58 AM
To: nfc at actwin_com
Subject: Re: NFC: Fw: a message from Robert Redford

Back on another...off topic subject.  Does anyone know if trees can 'bleed' their color?  I put a pretty huge piece of cedar in my aquarium (ants carved a cool network of tunnels in it), and my water has had a brown tint to it.  I put the cedar in when I put water in the tank the first time so I never tried it without it.  It's in a 170 gallon plexi tank I built, it can't be some odd combination of my lighting and the plexi properties can it?  I'm running a 300 - 400 gph pump with a water purifier to cycle my wet/dry filter water and that seems to clean it up.

If it's the wood, anyone know a way of stopping it from 'bleeding'?

Thanks,
Larry