Re: NFC: Ray Wolff report....

Hi Ray
where are you located?

I caught zillions of longears out of farm ponds in Mo,
but here in NY the peltastes is limited to the
tributaries of Tonawanda Creek and doesnt tolerate
silted or polluted waters wanting clean running water.
I have been emailing with our state rare fish agent re
to stocking some 'seed' populations in some ponds but
dont know if this will fly yet. I would really like
any information that you have on this species. It is
listed as threatened in NYS and definitly a species of
concern. The fisheries folks in Avon Regional DEC,
just about 40 miles from the Tonawanda water shed have
never seen one.
jake