NFC: RE: crayfish tank

Crawdads will eat cat food (not recommended) and a great many other
things... flake food, shrimp pellets, fish,....

They do need places to hide... holes, piles of leaves :) Sticks, and so
forth.

The lay their eggs when the season is dry and the water levels lower, then
they burrow into the bank / bottom, and lay eggs.  The eggs hatch in the
hole (with water in it) and the babies come out when the water rises...
(standard formula for raising them is draining pond to low levels for
production.)

They will tear each other up normally if you put males in together, but I've
two males living together for several months.  If you put only females in
you will get a better community... Males have the larger set of claws...
there are also several other ways of distinguishing them, but I'd have to
grab my book and it's in the house :)

Paul

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Sachs Systems Aquaculture