Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #501

Hi there,
    If you have trouble finding Daphnia locally you could try this website
<A HREF="http://www.lfscultures.com/">Daphnia and Marine Rotifers Leader</A>
.  They have two or three different species of daphnia to choose from
depending on what size you are looking for.
    I purchased the large Daphnia Magna culture from them months ago and it
is still doing pretty good. I also filled a few 5 gal. buckets with old water
from my tank and let them age outside in the sun to grow algae. Once my
indoor culture could afford it, I stocked the buckets outside. I now have
daphnia coming out of my ears and my fish love them!
    Hope this helps,
    Kurt Gelhar
    BlueScarab@AOL